WordPress is most popular cms and blog platform and many of us uses this for their content management or blogging hence it is also most common system that’s why it requires some more efforts to secure your site from attacks or malware.
Here we are suggesting some tips to secure your WordPress hosting these tips does not guarantee 100% security from attacks of hackers because no website is 100% secure but can provide you the maximum level of security which we can do from our end to protect our site or blog.
- Keep your WordPress and plugins updated
- Keep your computer clean from malware, virus, any other infection
- Select secure web server(Good hosting provider) to host your WordPress
- Database security
- Appropriate File permission
- Regular Backups and monitoring
How to migrate WordPress from existing hosting provider to PnS Hostings WordPress Hosting Planning to move your WordPress to another host or with PnS Hostings WordPress hosting service. Then you are in the right place, nothing need to worry about migration. Here we will tell you to step by step process of WordPress migration from a regular host.
Migration involves 3 Major steps
- Backup of WordPress database on the existing host and transfer backup on PnS Hostings hosting account.
- Download all WordPress files from the existing host server and upload them on PnS Hostings server.
- Finally, restore your database backup and make necessary changes on the wordpress config file.
Now let’s start with WordPress database backup on existing hosting account as almost all regular hosting provider offer phpmyadmin with their hosting services, so make use of phpmyadmin for database backup and export backed up database and move this backed up database file (it will .sql file) with the help of scp or rsync or FTP client (depending upon which most suits for you)
In next step login into existing WordPress hosting account and download all WordPress files on your local computer, once you have finished all files download, then login into PnS Hostings WordPress hosting account via FTP client and start uploading all files to PnS account after completion of this upload move to next step.
Upon successful file transfer, you need to import your backed up database file on PnS WordPress account hope you know how to import the database using phpmyadmin. After the successful import of database, you have to edit your WordPress configuration file according to your new database details. If all will be done properly, and after DNS records update according to PnS server your WordPress should work fine on PnS servers.
Important: if you change the domain name of your site then additional configuration may be required.
- Download vesta cp install script
curl -O http://vestacp.com/pub/vst-install.sh
- Start installation
- bash vst-install.sh